Who We Are

Our Mission

The mission of the St. Joseph’s Catholic Church, a Christ Centered and friendly multicultural worshipping community of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Charlotte, is to respond to the call of Jesus, to proclaim the Gospel and to bear witness to His Resurrection, through our lives of worship, fellowship and works of charity.

Inspired by the Holy Spirit and guided by the intercession of Mary Mother of God and Saint Joseph our Patron, we realize these through:

  • Eucharist centered personal and communal prayer life
  • Continuous formation in scripture, tradition, and the guidance of the magisterium
  • Fellowship, outreach Ministries, and Worldwide Evangelization
  • And the exercise of the stewardship of Time, Talent, and Treasure.

our history

Catholics have been holding Mass in Randolph County since at least 1888. Several different locations – including a former law office, a railroad car, and parishioners’ private homes – have been used. There were no permanent priests here so beginning in 1935, several priests from High Point – including the previous bishop of Charlotte, Michael Begley visiting Asheboro to celebrate Mass. 

The first Mass said at the present location was the Midnight High Mass on Christmas 1947 in a house on the property.

St. Joseph’s Church was formally established on March 15, 1948, and was dedicated by the Bishop of Raleigh, the Most Reverend Vincent S. Waters, on September 19, 1948

In 1954 a brick structure was built next door to the original residence. A front addition was added on later. 

Through generous contributions a new rectory and a second floor addition were added to the church in 1978, and the original house was torn down. 

In the early 1990’s a new addition was added connecting the church to the rectory, creating the current church. A new rectory was purchased farther up Park Street. 

St. Joseph’s continues to grow. Plans are currently underway to build a new church on property on Hub Morris Road between Asheboro and Randleman. 

St. Joseph Catholic Church continues to grow its ministries in Christ. The 97 acres of land at Vision Dr. was purchase in 2019. Grading is currently in progress for the project. 

Our Capital Campaign has been very successful and we look forward to the construction of the new church. If you have not yet given, please contact the church office. All donations are appreciated no matter the size. 

Contact the church office to find out how you can help our parish continue to grow. 

Parish Clergy & Staff

Maricruz Palma

Parish Secretary

Wendy Graham

Billing

Trina Seals

Faith Formation Coordinator

Manuela Torres

Hispanic Faith Formation Coordinator

Michael Thurlow

Parish Council Chair / Hispanic Council Representative

Scott Harris

Finance Council Chair

Colette Estes

Music Coordinator

Rev. Fr. Philip Kollithanath

Pastor

Want To Be A New Member?